· This video shows two classroom layouts. Both layouts represent an entire grade level (i.e. second grade).
· The classroom configuration on the left is the design for the new elementary schools.
· The classroom configuration on the right represents a more traditional design of a school.
· The colored round dots represent students assigned to a specific classroom/teacher.
· The colored square dots represent the teacher.
· Both classroom configurations are for a grade level with five (5) classrooms/teachers.
· The bottom right shows a running clock of the school day.
· The bottom center shows a running explanation of the periods throughout the day.
· Things to look for in the design of the new school conceptual floor plan as compared to the traditional school floor plan:
· Different size learning environments: Classroom size spaces to small individual learning spaces
· Unique and moveable furniture
· Private space for teachers to collaborate and relax
· Space designed for student collaboration and exploration
· Ample restrooms
· Dramatically more student movement
· Walls that move to create different size and configuration of space as needed
· Enhanced opportunities for student and teacher collaboration and socialization
· This animation could only be created with the early input from the ECISD Curriculum Department, administrators and teachers.
· A mock schedule was created for the school and grade level.
· Thought was given to specific needs of subject areas, team teaching opportunities and unique areas of need for ECISD.
· This schedule was provided to the architectural team (PSC) to assure that the approved design met our educational needs FIRST.