ECISD operates two comprehensive 5-A high schools, a New Tech high school, and an Advanced Technical Center. All three of the high schools offer demanding Advanced Placement courses and Odessa High School boasts the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
New Tech Odessa specializes in project-based learning with an emphasis on the use of technology and student-directed learning. During its first two years of existence, NTO gained recognition as a New Tech Network Demonstration School and an Apple Distinguished School for 2012-13.
The Advanced Technical Center offers elective courses that let students embark on college- and career-focused education. Through the ATC students can earn college credit and technical certifications in fields that are vital to the Permian Basin economy.
Names & boundaries are part of big changes to go into effect next year.
Stephanie Green & Candy Thompson will be honored on October 8
Trustees also vote for members of the Tri-Ethnic Committee, and Ector County Appraisal District board
What does community engagement look like in our school district?
New Career & Technical Early College High School will train students for in-demand jobs
The mission of the ECISD community, a passionate, unified, world class leader in education, is to develop world ready, lifelong learners who discover their unique gifts, achieve personal success, and fuel their community by building unified, comprehensive community support and participation that fosters a standard of excellence; serving as advocate and steward for all students; ensuring relevant teaching, engaged learning and dynamic innovation; and maximizing all available resources.
1. Each person has inherent worth and unique strengths.
2. Curiosity and learning are natural and grow without limit given stimulation and nurturing.
3. People are interdependent.
4. Each individual has a responsibility to add value to self and community.
5. Individuals are accountable for their choices and actions.
6. Education creates opportunity and opportunity creates a better world.
7. Progress improves and adds value to human life.
8. Fear limits life's potential; courage inspires living.
9. There is a difference between right and wrong.
10. Values learned at home affect a lifetime.
11. Leadership is influence; everyone is a leader.
1. We will not compromise excellence.
2. We will model our beliefs.
3. We will work as a team.
4. We will base decisions on what is best for students.
5. We will protect teaching and learning our priority.
6. We will recognize and reward success and learn from our mistakes.
7. We will succeed regardless of any obstacle.
1. We will ensure learning experiences that are engaging, challenging, and meaningful.
2. We will provide infrastructure to maximize the success of all students.
3. We will identify, engage and equip our world class team to accomplish our mission.
4. We will establish and sustain and interdependent partnership with parents.
5. We will communicate effectively to serve our mission.
6. We will model and market our new culture throughout our community to ensure support and participation.
1. All students will acquire academic and personal skills necessary for personal greatness.
2. All students will understand and appreciate the value of learning.
3. All students will invest their unique gifts in their community.
4. All students will be confident, influential leaders who accept responsibility.