My students may download a free student learning version of Maya 2018.This is an educational learning version license only.You must click on the link below to sign up.Make certain that your computer has the proper specifications.You will need this if you need to do work at home.
Please make certain you have the correct specs for the software.
Autodesk® Maya® 2018 software is supported on the following 64-bit operating systems and at a minimum, requires a system with the following 64-bit hardware:
Software Operating System
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (SP1) and Windows® 10 Professional operating system
- Apple® Mac OS® X 10.10.5, and 10.11.x operating system
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.5 & 7.2 WS operating system
- CentOS 6.5 & 7.2 Linux operating system
- Nvidia Guide for Virtualization with GRID & VMWare
Browser Autodesk recommends the latest version of the following web browsers for access to online supplemental content:
- Apple® Safari® web browser
- Google Chrome™ web browser
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® web browser
- Mozilla® Firefox® web browser
Disclaimer: The VMware application is network-based and performance of Autodesk Maya for VMware software products may vary with network performance. The software does not include the VMware application, nor does Autodesk provide direct support for issues with the VMware application. Users should contact VMware directly with questions related to the procurement and operation of the VMware application.
Hardware CPU 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor with an SSE4.2 instruction set Graphics Hardware Refer to the following pages for a detailed list of recommended systems and graphics cards:
Maya Certified Hardware (English)
Maya Certified Hardware (Japanese)
RAM 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended) Disk Space 4 GB of free disk space for install Pointing Device Three-button mouse
Last Modified on January 28, 2019