Dual Credit Parent/Student Meeting is Wednesday, April 10th at 6:00 in the Permian High School Auditorium
Dual Credit Process
Dual Credit TSI Exemptions
- Student must visit with the College Counselor to determine eligibility for dual credit.
- Student must be TSI exempt. Please see the TSI exemptions below
- Student must apply for dual credit either by visiting http://www.odessa.edu or http://www.utpb.edu
- Student must complete all proper paperwork with approved signatures from Ms. Perkins must be turned in immediately.
- As soon as Ms. Perkins has registered the student for courses a payment receipt will be distributed to the student for payment.
- Payments must be made prior to the first day of class
Below are the following TSI exemptions in order to qualify for dual credit enrollment. A student is exempt from taking a formal placement test if they have met one of the minimum requirements on one of the tests below.
EOC English II- Must score Level II with a scale score of 4000 to be exempt from Reading & Writing sections of the TSI for dual credit.
EOC Algebra I- Must score Level II with a scale score of 4000 and must have passed Algebra II with a 70 or higher to be exempt from the Math section of the TSI for dual credit.
ACT- Composite score of 23, with a 19 in math and/or English exempts for corresponding section.
SAT- Combined score of 1070, with 500 in math and/or critical reading exempts for corresponding sections. (Prior to March of 2016)
SAT- Minimum score of 480 in Evidence Based Reading and Writing and a 530 Math Score. (Testing after March 2016)
If the student does not meet one of these exemptions, the student will have to take the TSI exam either at Odessa College or UTPB. Below are the details about testing sites.
- The Odessa College Testing Center is located in the Spurs Building on the bottom floor. The testing hours are Mondays-Thursdays 8:00-5:30, Tuesdays until 9:00 in the evening and Fridays 8:00-1:00. The test fee is $29.00 and you must present a photo ID, and social security card/number. The testing center can be contacted at 335-6620.
- The UTPB Testing Center is located in the Mesa Building in Room 1160. The testing hours are Mondays-Saturdays by appointment only. The test fee is $65.00 and you must present a photo ID, and social security card/number. To schedule an appointment please call 432-552-2632.
Below are the standards that must be met from the TSI exam.
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board has established minimum TSI scores for the TSI EXAM. Scores at or above the following standards place students into college-level courses:
Please bring your TSI test results to Mrs. Perkins as soon as possible. If the student meets TSI requirements we will then approve the student to take dual credit.
Update Dual Credit Parent Meeting PowerPoint:
TSI STUDY GUIDES: