Set up an Exchange connection to your email in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013Please make sure that you have all the latest Office updates installed before proceeding. Go to http://update.microsoft.com/ to check for updates.
- Open Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013. If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard appears, on the first page of the wizard, click Next. Then, on the E-mail Accounts page, click Next to set up an email account.
Note: If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
- On the Auto Account Setup page, Outlook may automatically fill in the Your Name and E-mail Address settings based on how you're logged on to your computer. If the settings are filled in and they're correct, click Next to have Outlook finish setting up your account. If the settings on the Auto Account Setup page aren't filled in or aren't correct, do the following:
- If the settings on the Auto Account Setup page aren't filled in, type the correct settings based on the information that was provided to you by the person who manages your email account.
- If the name in the Your Name box isn't correct, you may need to reset the options on the Auto Account Setup page before you can edit your name. To reset the options, click the option button next to Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click the option button next to E-Mail Account.
- After you click Next on the Auto Account Setup page, Outlook will search online to find your email server settings. You'll be prompted to enter your user name and password during this search. Make sure that you enter your full email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) as your user name.
If Outlook is able to set up your account, you'll see the following text: “Congratulations! Your email account is successfully configured and ready to use.” Click Finish.Did you know?The latest version of Office is available to full time faculty through their Office 365 subscription. To download the latest version of Office, go to Settings > Office 365 settings > Software > Office.