ECISD 21st Century Animation Review
ECISD 21st Century School Design
This video shows two classroom layouts. Both layouts represent an entire grade level (i.e. second grade).
- The classroom configuration on the left is the design for the new elementary schools.
- The classroom configuration on the right represents a more traditional design of a school.
- The colored round dots represent students assigned to a specific classroom/teacher.
- The colored square dots represent the teacher.
- Both classroom configurations are for a grade level with five (5) classrooms/teachers
The bottom right shows a running clock of the school day.
The bottom center shows a running explanation of the periods throughout the day.
Things to look for in the design of the new school conceptual floor plan as compared to the traditional school floor plan:
- Different size learning environments: Classroom size spaces to small individual learning spaces
- Unique and moveable furniture
- Private space for teachers to collaborate and relax
- Space designed for student collaboration and exploration
- Ample restrooms
- Dramatically more student movement
- Walls that move to create different size and configuration of space as needed
- Enhanced opportunities for student and teacher collaboration and socialization
This animation could only be created with the early input from the ECISD Curriculum Department, administrators and teachers.
- A mock schedule was created for the school and grade level.
- Thought was given to specific needs of subject areas, team teaching opportunities and unique areas of need for ECISD.
- This schedule was provided to the architectural team (PSC) to assure that the approved design met our educational needs FIRST.