Students & Parents
As an AVID student, you must commit to a challenging and rigorous curriculum. This college track will help you excel in your academics, making college an attainable goal. As an AVID student, you will:
- Take individual responsibility for your own success.
- Want to succeed.
- Believe you can succeed.
- Exhibit positive attitudes toward yourself and others.
- Be open to new experiences in all phases of the program.
- Want to become an independent learner.
- Come to class prepared.
- Serve as a role model for other students.
- Share your work for improving it.
- Be willing to study in groups.
- Keep your parents informed of your progress.
- Become involved in campus activities.
What is AVID Elementary Video - Video
Incoming 7th and 9th Grade Students 2020-2021 School Year
As an AVID parent, there are things you can do to support your child’s academic success. As an AVID parent, you will:
- Support the academic goals of your student.
- Show interest in your student’s schoolwork.
- Provide your student a time and place to study.
- Be insistent and supportive that your student completes homework assignments.