Back to School For Employees
- Employees’ children enrolled in grades PreK-8th grade will be allowed to attend campus daily in-person if the employee selects that option and if the employee is required to be physically present at work
- The student will attend their assigned school.
- If a child’s school is closed due to a virus outbreak, the child may accompany the employee to their campus where a paraprofessional or certified teacher (as campus schedule allows) will monitor students in a flex lab/ classroom while they complete their Remote Learning.
- These students will bring their own ECISD device and their own earphones
- Zavala Daycare will continue to operate for currently enrolled employee’s children
- Staff self-screen daily prior to reporting to work, as required by TEA guidelines
- Exposure Protocol Flowchart will be followed by staff when testing positive, showing symptoms or becoming exposed to COVID-19.
- All employees must complete the SafeSchools courses and turn in certificate to supervisor (includes Substitutes)
- All Staff will review the ECISD Return to Work Protocol document posted on the ECISD website under “Back to School 2020-2021" and “Information for ECISD Employees” prior to their official start date
- All Staff questions should be directed the appropriate designee for screening supplies/nursing questions/reporting; benefits/leave; cleaning supplies/sanitation (as identified in the ECISD Return to Work Protocol document page 9)
- Staff questions regarding Benefits/Leave (Types)/anxiety or fear about COVD-19, should be directed to the appropriate designee, Donna Ziriax, HR Director of Benefits and Risk Management and Staff (as identified in the ECISD Return to Work Protocol document page 9) Employee COVID-19 Information for Leave & Worker Compensation
- The HR Department COVID-19 accommodations team (designated HR Director(s) and Elaine Smith) will address COVID related requests for accommodations. All other accommodations will be addressed with Elaine Smith.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a benefit available for all employees and their immediate families. Six free virtual, phone or in-person sessions can be scheduled.
- Professional Learning will be provided face to face and virtually
- Professional Learning District content will consist of:
* NWEA MAP (K-8, Algebra 1, Biology, English I and English II)
* Technology tools for Intentional Integration
* New ELAR TEKS & Instructional Materials for High School English Teachers
* K-3 Reading Academy for select campuses
* Teach to One for select campuses 6th & 7th grade math teachers
* Conscious Discipline, Frog Street Press, & Handwriting without Tears for PreK teachers
* Curriculum and Instruction
Teachers will create lesson plans that will follow the instructional framework that will enable teachers to engage in blended learning for all students. This lesson plan framework will be used for face to face teaching and remote teaching. This link is an example of an elementary lesson plan.
Face to face learning (scheduling committees will drive the schedules and student groups)
Provide synchronous and asynchronous instruction through remote learning. PreK-2 will be asynchronous and 3-12 will provide synchronous remote learning meeting the minutes required for ADA.