Purchasing Cooperatives (Co-ops)
A purchasing cooperative allows entities to pool together volumes and benefit with cost savings on products and services, save on administrative costs, access more products and service contracts. ECISD gives preference to the use of cooperative or state contracts where goods and services can be purchased at competitive prices. ECISD is affiliated with the co-ops listed below via interlocal agreements and/or annual cooperative memberships.
- 1Government Procurement Alliance (1GPA)
- Allied States (Region 19)
- BuyBoard (TASB -Texas Association of School Boards)
- Choice Partners (Harris County Department of Education)
- DIR (Texas Department of Information Resources)
- E&I Cooperative Services
- H-GAC Buy (Houston-Galveston Area Council of Governments Purchasing Cooperative)
- OMNIA Partners
- PACE (Purchasing Association of Cooperative Entities - Region 20)
- Region 18
- Sourcewell (formerly NJPA - National Joint Powers Alliance)
- TexBuy (Region 16)
- TIPS USA (The Interlocal Purchasing System)
- Statewide Procurement Division (Divisions: CMBL, TPASS, TXMAS, and TXSmartBuy)
If your business has been awarded a bid from any of these cooperatives, you may email a copy of your cooperative contract along with your vendor packet to the purchasing department. If approved, your business will be added as an approved vendor for ECISD.
Click HERE to view a list of Awarded Cooperative Vendors as of April 1, 2021.