Crockett Middle School (CMS) is named after David "Davy" Crockett (8/17/1786 to 3/6/1836). It was first established as the David Crockett Junior High in 1981 and now serves grades 6-8.
CMS students have earned many recognitions and awards throughout the years. The school's trophy case, located in the main foyer, houses hundreds of trophies, including boxing, track and field, cheerleading, and many other sports. In addition to athletic awards, academic trophies are abundant thanks to our octathlon teams when freshmen attended Crockett Junior High.
CMS is also an AVID campus, involved in many community service projects such as Food Pantry and Empty Bowls in connection with West Texas Food Bank, as well as introducing its first year of Global Academic Awareness. We are excited to introduce the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme for our 2024-2025 school year, which will make Crockett Middle School the FIRST Choice Middle School for ECISD!
At Crockett, we nurture future, compassionate leaders who are creative thinkers, problem solvers, and responsible individuals who consider diverse perspectives in action.
Developing fair and honest, world class leaders one
at a time.
How to know Crockett is right for your child:
- Your scholar will reach his/her full potential through student-led classroom learning.
- Your scholar enjoys asking questions, being creative, taking initiative, thinking outside the box, problem-solving and taking responsibility for their learning through research and an open-minded perspective of worldly view.
- Your scholar wishes to gain independence and an understanding of knowledge through a worldly, real-life concept lens while creating a love for learning.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Completion of an IB Capstone Project in 8th Grade
- Community service opportunities
- Real World experiences in daily learning
- IB prepares students in furthering their IB educational journey during their secondary and post-secondary educational opportunities.
Odessa, TX 79763
Principal - Senovio Ortiz
Grades Offered - 6th through 8th