Ector County Independent School DistrictStudent Admissions and TransfersPO Box 3912 ~ 802 N Sam HoustonOdessa, TX 79761Phone: (432) 456-8890 ~ Fax: (432) 456-8894Transfer window is now closed.Decisions will be mailed in April.A student must enroll in the attendance area of his/her legal residence, except as provided within policies FDA and FDB. A student’s legal residence, for the limited purpose of establishing school attendance area, is the location and address of the domicile of the managing possessory conservator of the student. Domicile is a fixed permanent adobe documented by a utility bill (gas, electric, or water), lease agreement, or a mortgage statement. FDB(Local)
However, the District recognizes there are circumstances which warrant the transfer of a student from the attendance area of his/her legal residence to another attendance area.When to ApplyTransfer requests for the 2018-19 school year will be accepted February 1, 2018 thru March 9, 2018. Requests received after March 9th will only be reviewed for extenuating circumstances.Notification of whether a transfer request was approved or denied will be mailed the first week of April. Transfers will only be approved, room permitting, if the reason for transfer request is allowable by District Policy. After the school year begins, only school safety transfers will be considered.How to ApplyThe application will be available February 1st thru March 9th. If parents do not have a computer or need assistance, they can call us at 456-8890 or come by the office for assistance.Who Can ApplyAnyone who resides within Ector County can apply to attend a campus outside of their attendance zone. Families who reside outside of Ector County can apply to their campus of choice; however, priority will be given to students who reside within Ector County.Review ProcessAll requests received within the February 1st thru March 9th window will be processed as is allowable by District Policy.Parent NotificationsNotifications will be mailed the first week of April to the address provided to your student's current campus, so please keep student information as current as possible.Reasons to ApplyTransfers are processed to meet requirements in FDB policy/regulation. If the transfer request is denied, you will have the opportunity to appeal the decision within 10 school days from notification date.Students who Reside outside of the ECISD Attendance AreaStudents whose parents reside in a district other than Ector County Independent School District may request an out-of-county transfer. The application process requires parents to provide a copy of the student's current discipline and attendance record, as well as, the most current report card and/or progress report. Please note that the ECISD may choose not to accept students from other districts. This includes students who reside within Ector County but whose primary custodial parent or legal guardian reside in a touching county. Also, Ector County ISD may charge an out-of-county tuition for student's whose primary custodial parent/legal guardian reside outside of Ector County. ECISD will not provide transportation for out-of-county students.
A transfer can be revoked for the following reasons:
Campus administration has the responsibility to afford all parents and student due process prior to a transfer revocation. Revocations may only occur at the end of a school year. If a transfer is revoked, student will lose privilege of requesting additional transfers in the future.
- Use of false information to obtain transfer;
- Lack of parent support / cooperation with school staff;
- Persistent student misconduct;
- Unsatisfactory academic progress;
- Excessive tardies;
- Irregular attendance;
- Failure by the parent to pick up student at dismissal time;
- Campus at or above building capacity;
- Or any violation of ECISD Policy.
(1) Parents will assume transportation responsibilities of all students on a transfer. Transportation will only be provided by the District to satisfy legal mandates.
(2) The middle school your student attends is based on your address, not the elementary they attend. The high school your student attends is based on your address, not the middle school they attend.Ector County ISD does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, nationality, religion, disability, socioeconomic standing or non-proficiency in English language skills in providing educational services for students' benefits.
Last Modified on March 9, 2018