Coordinator: Sandra Banda 802 N. Sam Houston Phone: (432)456-9349 Odessa, Texas Fax: (432)456-9988 The Office of Title IX oversees the Ector County Independent School District’s compliance with federal law.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 provides that "no person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
86 Stat. 373, as amended, 20 U.S.C. 1681, et seq.
Title IX Officer Duties
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Title IX
- Receive all Title IX complaints
- Investigate sexual harassment complaints made against employees of the district
- Review and/or investigate sexual harassment complaints against students
- Train personnel on the prevention of Sexual Harassment
- Serve as a resource for district personnel on Title IX issues
- Research court rulings and current law on the changes in the interpretation of sexual harassment
For additional information:
Last Modified on September 25, 2018