What is RtI?
Response to Intervention (RtI) is an individual, comprehensive, student-centered problem-solving process that can be implemented in the general education classroom. Educators employ research-based interventions in their efforts to increase student achievement. RtI then uses systematic monitoring of student progress to track student success.
In the RtI process and interventions. Brainchild is purpose-built to help every student master basic skills and achieve state standards. Empower students to enhance productivity and engagement in the classroom with assessment, instruction, feedback, and reporting using any desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile device, or our portable Study Buddy.
Brainchild is a tool to enhance learning for those students who are in RtI Tiers 2 and 3. Brainchild could help check for understanding with the blend of entertainment and education. Brainchild is a self-paced, personalized learning tool, which helps at-risk students catch up. It has multimedia instruction, practice with guided feedback, and test modules.
Brainchild has lessons grouped into three levels instead of grades to keep students motivated. Struggling learners start low, gain confidence through simple concepts, and work their way up. After taking the monthly assessments, the teacher can utilize the lessons embedded in brainchild if there are concerns with the student’s progress. Teachers can continue to monitor student’s progress and determine if further RtI is necessary with documented data from the Brainchild program.
Brainchild is a supplemental tool, which should be utilized as a supplement to small-group and intensive interventions. The program and its modules should not be utilized as the sole source of intervention.
Brainchild is purpose-built to help students master essential foundation skills and state standards.
Brainchild offers two award-winning online solutions for intervention.
- STAAR Achiever! provides data-driven instruction for TEKS standards mastery in language arts, math, science, and social studies. It increases student achievement and saves teachers time.
- Mechanics is designed for students who are two or more grade levels behind Lessons are grouped into three levels instead of grades to keep students motivated. Struggling learners start low, gain confidence through simple concepts, and work their way up.
Students master each lesson with a 3-step process:
1. PLAY LESSON: A short video teaches the lesson concept.
2. STUDY: Students answer questions and receive immediate feedback.
3. TEST: A test on each standard will record the scores to track progress.
Web link to Brainchild STAAR Achiever
Special Services Department Main Office:
Special Services Department Fax:
Dina Joiner, RtI Specialist:
ECISD Special Education Department
P.O. Box 3912