Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
What is MTSS?
It focuses on the "whole child." That means it supports academic growth but many other areas, too. These include behavior, social and emotional needs, and absenteeism (not attending school).
At a glance
MTSS is a framework many schools use to provide targeted support to struggling students.
MTSS's aim is to intervene early so students can catch up with their peers.
It screens all students and aims to address academic and behavioral challenges.
WHAT IT IS
1. A Model Of Prevention.
2. Instruction Designed To Match Student Needs.
3. Progress Is Closely Monitored.
4. Success For All Students.
WHAT IT IS NOT
1. A Model Based Upon "Labels."
2. A Referral Process For Special Education.
3. A "One Size Fits All" Process.
Special Services Department Main Office:
Special Services Department Fax:
Dina Joiner, RtI Specialist:
ECISD Special Education Department
P.O. Box 3912