Echo is New Tech Network’s learning management system (LMS) designed to support Project-based learning
(PBL), facilitate communication and collaboration, and improve teacher practice. Teachers, students, and parents at New Tech high schools use Echo on a daily basis to access course resources, project plans, assignments, a multi-dimensional gradebook, online groups, and an extensive library of instructional resources for teachers. Google Apps for Education
is seamlessly integrated into the platform, providing schools with a powerful suite of communication and publishing tools including Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sites.
Echo is delivered as a web-based service that is accessible 24/7 via any web browser with an Internet connection. It is built on New Tech’s deep experience with technology-enhanced, PBL instruction and assessment practices, and it includes access to hundreds of exemplary projects that can be easily customized and implemented by teachers. As a result, Echo is an integral component of New Tech Network’s professional development programs.
Tools to support school-wide, project-based learning
- Course agendas
- Project management tools
- Outcome-based gradebook
- Student journals
- Discussion forums
- Peer feedback tool
- Behaviour tracker tool
- Tools to award and encourage
- School and Network-wide groups
- Community directory
School and instructional resources
- Training materials for principals, teachers and support staff
- Searchable library of standards-based projects developed by teachers in the New Tech Network
- Sample rubrics
- Sample school policies and procedures
- Student/parent handbook examples
- Staff handbook examples
- Digital portfolio guidelines
- Staff recruitment and training tools
- Student recruitment samples
- Partnership development materials
- Master schedule and calendar samples
- Counseling and college planning materials
- Technology infrastructure and support guidelines
- Software tutorials
The Echo homepage enables easy access to personalized content for each user as well as featured, Network-wide content.
The Echo gradebook allows teachers, students, and parents to track student progress on multiple learning outcomes.
Echo groups enable users to share ideas, resources, and calendars to collaborate within schools and across then entire Network.