Mission StatementInternal Audit exists to support school district administration and the Board of Trustees in the effective discharge of their responsibilities. Using our knowledge and professional judgment, we will provide an independent appraisal of the school district’s financial, operational, and control activities. We will report on the adequacy of internal controls, the accuracy and propriety of transactions, the extent which assets are accounted for and safeguarded, and the level of compliance with Board policies, governmental laws and regulations. Additionally, we will provide analyses, recommendations, counsel, and information concerning the activities reviewed.
The Primary Objectives of Internal Audit are to ensure:
· The reliability and integrity of information.
· Compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, and contracts.
· The safeguarding of assets.
· The economical and efficient use of resources.
· The accomplishment of established objectives and goals for operations or programs.
Organizational StructureInternal Audit is a Central Administration unit of the school district with offices located at the Administrative Building. Internal Audit reports administratively to the Superintendent and functionally to the Board of Trustees through Audit Committee. Internal Audit’s coverage and service extend to all school district campuses and departments.