Goliad Dismissal ProceduresSchool releases at 3:27 pm this school year!
The dismissal bell rings at 3:27 p.m. Students are supervised by faculty and staff until 4:00 PM. Please make plans to pick up your student as close to 3:27 pm as you are able; any students picked up after 3:45 pm will be waiting in the cafeteria for their ride. If you are arriving after 3:45 pm, please park in the front drive way and walk in to sign out your student(s).
Campus Dismissal Procedures & Locations:
- Bus students will be escorted to the buses by a grade level teacher.
- The following is the location students will be dismissed to:
Kindergarten & First Grade
- Vehicle pick up will be through the front drive (52nd street); please only use the right hand lane for moving traffic and be patient. No passing please. Students that will be picked up in a vehicle through the circle drive will be waiting in the cafeteria & will be called by radio when the parent arrives; student will come out to the car when called. Parents please do not leave cars unattended to pick up students in the driveway. We ask that Kinder & First Grade students not be expected to walk home for any reason (including with an older sibling); please contact the school if this is an issue and we will work with you to find a solution.
- Kinder & First Grade Students that will be picked up by a parent walking into the building will be available in the library; please have your identification badge (we will provide the first week of school) ready to show the ladies at the door of the library. Parents waiting to pick up their student will be invited into the building beginning at 3:10 pm through the front doors. Parents walking into the building to pick up their student are asked to park either on 52nd street by the curb or Kingston Avenue Baptist Church has offered to share their parking lot with us.
2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Students
- Vehicle pick up will be in the back drive (enter at 55th street); please only use the right hand lane for moving traffic and be patient. No passing please. Students that will be picked up in a vehicle through the back circle drive will be waiting in the gym & will be called by radio when the parent arrives; students will come out to the car when called. Parents please do not leave cars unattended in the back drive way to pick up students.
- Students that will be walking home or meeting parents on foot in front of the building will be escorted out of the building at 3:32 pm by a staff member; these students will all exit through the main entrance doors (by the front office on 52nd Street).
- Siblings at pick up: if you have multiple students to be picked up, the older student will be escorted to the younger student at dismissal. If you have a Kinder or First Grade students and an older sibling, they will both/all be picked up through the front drive way if you are in a car. If you are walking up to pick up multiple children – Kinder/First Grade will be in the library and 2nd through 5th grade siblings will be in the cafeteria. We ask that you pick up the younger student from the library first.
Please adhere to these guidelines and pick up locations; if you are having trouble with any part of this and need our assistance, please let Ms. Tavarez know and we can brainstorm together what can be done. To be able to dismiss 500 students safely at one time we have to follow expectations or our students’ safety is put at risk!If you have any questions about this and/or are unsure where to plan to find your student at the end of the day, please call the front office & we will be happy to assist you!Goliad Phone Number: (432)456-1109