Welcome to Adrian Fierro'sGraphic Design & Illustration class!Tutoring times are mornings from 8:00 am to 8:30 am and afternoons from 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm excluding times that I have meetings.
Today is Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:41:30 PM
1. Fundamental concepts of graphic design, career opportunities, typography, and imaging techniques.
2. Ability to acquire still images, moving images, and audio from a variety of sources.
3. Ability to use a variety of design and multimedia software.
4. Ability to create and manipulate digital graphic designs.
5. Ability to create and manipulate digital photographs.
6. Ability to create and manipulate multimedia projects.
RULES & GUIDLINES
1. NO DRINKS, FOOD, CANDY, OR GUM ALLOWED IN THE COMPUTER LAB. YOU MAY HAVE WATER.
2. KEEP WORKSTATIONS CLEAN.
3. NO CELL PHONE USE DURING CLASS.
4. BE ORIGINAL.
5. ABIDE ALL SAFETY PROCEDURES IN THE PRINT SHOP AND SCREEN SHOP.
6. OBTAIN PERMISSION OF SUBJECT/S BEFORE PHOTOGRAPHING
7. THE INSTRUCTOR WILL BE THE JUDGE OF APPROPRIATENESS OF GRAPHIC DESIGNS. GRAPHICS WILL NOT INCLUDE PROFANITY, VIOLENCE, VULGAR SCENES, OR CULT/GANG CONTENT.
8. DO NOT MARK, DAMAGE, OR DEFACE EQUIPMENT, WORKSTATIONS, CHAIRS, OR KEYBOARD DRAWERS.
Violation of these rules will be cause for student removal from Graphic Design & Illustration.
PORTFOLIOS - An electronic portfolio is required for this class. As the year progresses, we will create a portfolio from all of your work which is a representation of your best efforts performed in this class. An example of graphic designs, photography, and multimedia projects will be included in electronic portfolios on DVD, which will be provided.
SEQUENCE— Two Semesters, Double-blocked
+Elements & Principles of Design
+History of Design and Research Career Opportunities
+Print, Photographic, and Multimedia Projects utilizing:
Adobe Illustrator CS6Adobe Photoshop CS6
Adobe Bridge CS6Adobe Premiere Pro CS6Adobe After Effects CS6