Ector County Independent School DistrictStudent Admissions and TransfersPO Box 3912 ~ 802 N Sam HoustonOdessa, TX 79761Phone: (432) 456-8890Transfer window is now closed.Decisions will be mailed in late April.A student must enroll in the attendance area of his/her legal residence, except as provided within policies FDA and FDB. A student’s legal residence, for the limited purpose of establishing school attendance area, is the location and address of the domicile of the managing possessory conservator of the student. Domicile is a fixed permanent adobe documented by a utility bill (gas, electric, or water), lease agreement, or a mortgage statement. FDB(Local)
However, the District recognizes there are circumstances which warrant the transfer of a student from the attendance area of his/her legal residence to another attendance area.When to ApplyTransfer requests for the 2019-20 school year will be accepted now through 5:00PM on February 28, 2019. Requests received after February 28th will be reviewed on a case-by-case bases for extenuating circumstances only.How to ApplyTransfer applications will be available now through 5:00PM on February 28th. Applications can be downloaded and printed by clicking the link above. Application must be completed and returned to the Office of Student Admissions along with parent's current proof of address and picture ID prior to the February deadline.Who Can ApplyAnyone who resides within Ector County can apply to attend a campus outside of their assigned attendance zone.Review ProcessAll requests received within the transfer window will be processed as is allowable by District Policy.Parent NotificationsNotification of transfer approval or denial will be mailed in April.Reasons to ApplyTransfers are processed to meet requirements in FDB policy/regulation. If the transfer request is denied, you will have the opportunity to appeal the decision within 10 school days from date of notification.Students who Reside outside of the ECISD Attendance AreaFamilies who reside out of Ector County may request an inter-district (out-of-county) transfer. The application process requires parents to provide a copy of the student's current discipline and attendance record, as well as, the most current report card and/or progress report. Please note that the ECISD may choose not to accept students from other districts. This includes students who reside within Ector County but whose primary custodial parent or legal guardian reside in a touching county. Also, Ector County ISD may charge an out-of-county tuition for student's whose primary custodial parent/legal guardian reside outside of Ector County. Transportation is not provided for out-of-county students. Out-of-County transfer applications will be mailed to current county students in May. New students can request an application by calling our office at 456-8890.
A transfer can be revoked for the following reasons:
Campus administration has the responsibility to afford all parents and student due process prior to a transfer revocation. Revocations may only occur at the end of a school year. If a transfer is revoked, student will lose privilege of requesting additional transfers in the future.
- Use of false information to obtain transfer;
- Lack of parent support / cooperation with school staff;
- Persistent student misconduct;
- Unsatisfactory academic progress;
- Excessive tardies;
- Irregular attendance;
- Failure by the parent to pick up student at dismissal time;
- Campus at or above building capacity;
- Or any violation of ECISD Policy.
(1) Parents will assume transportation responsibilities of all students on a transfer. Transportation will only be provided by the District to satisfy legal mandates.
(2) The middle school your student attends is based on your address, not the elementary they attend. The high school your student attends is based on your address, not the middle school they attend.Ector County ISD does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, nationality, religion, disability, socioeconomic standing or non-proficiency in English language skills in providing educational services for students' benefits.
Last Modified on March 4, 2019