We Want You As a Substitute Teacher
- Have 45 college credit hours for substitute teacher 30 hours in core academic areas (English, reading, writing, math, science, and social studies), or a High School Diploma or GED for Teacher Assistants, Clerical and other Paraprofessional Substitutes. (you must submit a certified copy of your transcript in a sealed envelope from your college or university),
- Enjoy working with children and adolescents,
- Want to touch the future by supporting public education.
Why should I be interested in substitute teaching?
- Districts often hire substitutes as full-time teachers or paraprofessionals if they have a proven record of success.
- Work is plentiful.
- Substituting is flexible - you work when you want.
- It's an opportunity to get a variety of experiences and become known in a variety of schools.
What kind of training do I receive?
What will I get paid?Substitute Aide/Clerk/Secretary Salary:
- Orientation that covers District policies and procedures, including required Sexual Harassment training.
- Staff development opportunities (4 hours required) that include classroom management skills and effective teaching strategies.
- $9.30 per hour (High School Diploma or Equivalent)
Substitute Teacher Salary:
Non-Certified - (45 college hrs or more) $100.00/day
- Certified Teachers - (Holds an active Texas Teaching Certificate) $120/day
- Long Term Positions - A long term substitute with a teacher certification will earn $220/day, while a long term substitute without a teacher certification will earn $190/day.
- Long term is defined as:
- Ten consecutive days for the same teacher, in a core subject using the same SmartFind Express job number. The increase in pay begins on the 11th consecutive day, and is NOT retroactive for the first ten days OR
- Any substitute teacher who fills a certified teacher vacancy and is the teacher of record, for a job with a minimum of 10 days, using the same SmartFind Express job number. The increase in pay begins on the 1st day for filling the 10+day vacancy after you have worked your 11th day.
The Letter of Assurance will be signed online this year. Letters of Assurance will be available on Employee Self Serve on Monday, April 30, 2018. Letters of Assurances must be verified/acknowledged by Monday, May 7, 2018.In addition to your letter of assurance, beginning June 4, 2018, you will need to complete mandatory district online training courses. All mandatory online courses must be completed by July 12, 2018.
2018-2019 Calendars are here. You may come to the substitute office and pick one up.New orientation date is June 20, 2019 at 8:30 AM. You will need to call for an appointment. Last day to make an appointment for the June 20, 2019 orientation will be June 3, 2019 at 12:30 PM. Make sure you have submitted your application online and have the new hire packet printed and filled out. Make sure you have done your six hour of observation. Then you will need to call the substitute office at 432-456-9989 to make an appointment. Thank you.
To Apply as a Substitute Teacher/Aide/Clerk:
Please complete and submit the online application(s) located at HERE
Below you will find 2 packets, PLEASE COMPLETE ALL STEPS LISTED:
Substitute Information Packet:
The Substitute Information Packet contains important information you need to know before you begin your employment with ECISD.
Please read the Substitute Information Packet before you begin filling out our new hire paperwork, as it includes a checklist of items needed for your personnel file
These forms do not need to be taken to Human Resources, please print a copy for your records
To access the Substitute Information Packet, Click Here
Substitute New Hire Forms:
Substitute New Hire Forms include all of your new hire forms. Please sign each form before you turn them into the Substitute Office.
Print FRONT SIDE ONLY - double sided copies will not be accepted.
To access the Substitute New Hire Forms, Click Here
Substitute Teacher - Obtain a certified copy of your college transcript in a sealed envelope showing a minimum of 45 college hours in core courses
Substitute Teacher’s Aide/Clerk – Bring your high school diploma or equivalent
Observation Hours - Please complete 6 hours of observation at the school of your choice. The hours MUST be obtained prior to scheduling your appointment. Substitute Aides/Clerks/Secretaries do NOT need to complete observation hours. Contact the campus secretary to schedule completion of these hours.
Once you have everything complete in the Substitute New Hire Forms (all pages signed and dated; direct deposit information; FICA beneficiary information) AND THE NEXT TRAINING DATE HAS BEEN POSTED please call the Substitute Office at 432.456.9989 to schedule an appointment to bring in your completed packet. Bring the completed packet, driver’s license, social security card and certified copy of your transcript with you to your appointment. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
Criminal History Check, Drug Screen and Fingerprinting will be discussed at your appointment. Registration for the Substitute Orientation will occur at this time.Substitute Handbook we are working on the new handbook for the 2018-2019.Drug screening, fingerprinting, and a criminal history check
are required for all applicants.For more Substitute Teacher and Substitute Aide/Clerk information,contact Dodie Trickett, Substitute Manager at: (432)456-9989 orLesia Young at firstname.lastname@example.org