Buice Elementary Arrival and Dismissal Plan
For the safety of the students at Dr. Lee Buice Elementary School, we ask that during drop-off and pick-up times, you help us adhere to the following procedures:
- Due to the location of our campus, allowing students to walk home from school is highly discouraged. Both 87th Street and Dawn Avenue are extremely busy streets and we want to ensure the safety of every child.
- An adult must be present in order for a student to be dismissed from the front of our school. For the safety of your child, we cannot allow students to walk across the street to enter or exit a vehicle. If you wish to park in our parking lot, you must exit your vehicle and walk to pick up your child. Please pay close attention to all school personnel and follow their guidelines. Cross the U-turn at the crosswalk only. It is important to model safe crossing for all of our learners. When crossing a street it is the responsibility of the parent to sfaely cross the child... this applies to both drop-off and pick-up.
- The front U-turn will be split into two lanes. The right lane is for drop-off and pick-up, while the left lane is for passing. Please adhere to these guidelines and NEVER park a car in these lanes.
- When exiting the driveway onto 87th street, please note that this is a right only turn.
- If you are picking up in the front U-turn and need to get to Dawn, you will be permitted to make a right turn into our fire lane and exit to Dawn around the back of the building. This will lead to either a right or left turn onto Dawn.
- The U-turn on the West side of the building is reserved fo rbusses and day care vehicles. Please do not try to enter or park in this location.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Once we get comfortable with this system, we will have the entire campus dismissed within 15 minutes of the final 3:20 pm dismissal bell. If you have any questions, please feel free to call 432-456-1339 or email Jessica.Rickman@ectorcountyisd.org and we will be happy to help. This plan will also be reviewed at Meet the Teacher on August 15th.